Sew Dolly Clackett - What an Awesome Competition

Hello all! Well, I hope you've enjoyed Sew Dolly Clackett as much as I have. It has been an amazing competition, with some truly wonderful dresses sewn by a lot of talented seamstresses. 

It was so SO much fun to be a part of, and the whole competition had a really positive, supportive atmosphere. (You may say that a sewing competition on the internet full of people you have never actually met can't possibly have any kind of atmosphere, but you'd be wrong there). And come on - the inspiration! Oh man, people have outdone themselves. I would like to make pretty much all of the dresses in the Sew Dolly Clackett flickr pool. I have A LOT of favourites, including Ashley's Owlie Cambie, Jessica's Coo Coo Ca-Choo Dress, Taracat's Eiffel Tower dress, Zoe B's duvet cover dress, Lynne's Lucky Elisalex, and every single one of Jade's awesome Emerys

The competition has also lead me to discovering more wonderful sewing blogs. I would like to echo Sarah's words: I flipping love the online sewing community. I'm pretty new to it as a contributor, and I already adore being part of that community. It's one of my favourite things about the internet. I absolutely wouldn't have improved my sewing to it's current level without the existence of sewing blogs. I'm very grateful to all of you inspiring seamstresses out there in blog land!

Sew Dolly Clackett also really helped me to get my flipping skates on. I managed five dresses in the time frame:

The Ancient Mariner dress, the Rock Around the Clock dress, the Stevie dress, the Flamin' Go! dress & the Flowers for Jane dress

I think my favourite out of the five is the Rock Around the Clock dress. It just turned out so well! At a shivery Easter BBQ a non-sewer friend even complimented my tulip sleeves (completely unprompted I might add).

I just loved seeing how different people interpret Roisin's sewing style. It's so interesting. The dresses that had giant helpings of Clackett-ness, quirk AND the style of the maker in the mix too were the most inspiring to me. 

What a lovely way to pay homage to a fab sewing blogger, and to tip our hats to her wonderful style. Not to mention an extremely thoughtful wedding present. I hope it's heartening for Roisin to see how many people she inspires. 

Bravo, Sarah at Rhinestones and Telephones, for giving us this marvelous treat. 

Over and out! 

Ps I mentioned in my last post that an Eiffel Tower dress was in the offing. I didn't get it finished for the deadline for SDC, but rest assured it will be done soon. I kind of ran out of fabric, so it's, um, SHORT. 

No comments :

Post a Comment