Baby Sewing - Drew Leggings

During my last little stretch of maternity leave I made a couple of things for my baby.

I have had the Drew leggings pattern from Spit Up & Stilletos saved for yonks, so I thought I'd use up some jersey leftovers and sew some leggings for the baby. It's a great easy pattern, and very quick to sew up. The only downside is that putting in the elastic waistband is a bit fiddly, and so neither of mine were very neat. I think I need some elastic that's not quite as firm.


I made a red pair and a goose/ducks pair out of jersey offcuts, both in size 0-3months. The sizing comes up pretty small so I'd actually say they're more Newborn size.



Here they are on our little girl at 2 weeks old. Look how little she is. You think you won't forget but you do.



I also made a floral pair in size 12-18 months, our little one's current size. These have ended up super long, longer than her RTW 12-18months clothes. I'm confused about the sizing but I do still love these leggings. For now she is wearing them with the cuffs turned up. The cuffs are from an old T-shirt I was throwing away about a year ago. By "throwing away" I mean "cutting off the best bits of and adding them to my jersey stash for just this kind of thing."

We love a print clash!


Well, I should go and immediately cut out ten pairs of leggings in various sizes and production-line sew them. I SHOULD. I will add it to the ever growing list!

2 comments :

  1. Oh so cute, I'm loving using off cuts for mini clothes. Little leggings are so quick and satisfying...LOVE the print clash :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, the leggings are so cute. I especially love the floral pair. I also love the idea of recycling old tshirts for cuffs and handy scraps.

    ReplyDelete