People get ready


I made this top almost a year ago and still love it just as much as I did then. I’m sure you will have seen lots of this Lady McElroy fabric around in sewing social circles, and that’s because it’s a corker. I went with the viscose lawn which is beautifully soft and drapey. This was at a time during the pandemic where we had not two pennies to rub together. We were just about getting by so I was definitely not spending any money on hobbies. My lovely mother-in-law gave me some birthday money and this fabric is what I bought with it. It felt like such a treat to be able to sew up a brand new length of beautiful fabric that I’d admired from afar for a long time. 



I can happily report the fabric stands up to washing really well - I’ve worn and washed this a lot over the last eleven months before finally taking these photographs. I hope it can stand a lot more wash and wear because it’s still my favourite thing to reach for! It feels casual but put together, every day but special. I feel 100% me in this. 


The pattern is a New Look 6217, which I've made a few times before. This is such a great woven t shirt pattern, I just love this style. I did a really daft thing cutting it out though. I faffed about choosing which part of the print I wanted in the centre front, cut that piece out then realised I might not have enough room for the back pieces!! What a daft bat. I did manage to squeeze the pieces in in the end but there could be no semblance of pattern matching, which to be honest doesn’t bother me at all. 


I’ve got my eye on another Lady McElroy fabric, and it’s nearly my birthday again! Maybe I can make this some kind of tradition.




No comments :

Post a Comment