Flamingo Skirt

This skirt is a refashion, although I never shared the original incarnation on the blog.

Flamingo Skirt: a simple pleated rectangle with waistband

Over 18 months ago I whipped up a very quick pleated skirt with this flamingo fabric which was leftover from this dress I made in 2013. For the first time ever the baby had a long nap (she was only a couple of months old at that point), and I frantically sewed this skirt while she slept, as I was sick of wearing the few things I had that fitted me. The resulting skirt did the job, and I did wear it, but the bar fastening always came undone and soon it was too big so just looked baggy. I was also not very pleased with my pleat placement, so I kept meaning to re-do it.

Well, finally I did and I’m so glad, as I just love the print.

I had to take the waistband off and redo all the pleats, but they are now much more flattering so I’m glad I took the time to do it. I also made my waistband shorter and added poppers above to close it above the zip. Much more reliable than the bar closures I had before.




So there we are! These pictures are much better than my usual offerings as I wore the refashioned skirt to a lavender farm near us, which also has a wildflower meadow. Just dreamy views. It did make me laugh though, it was relatively busy and pretty much everyone was just having their own little photo shoot amid the flowers.

There’s something really special about wildflowers. I’d love to dedicate a bit of garden to wildflowers. One day, one day.


4 comments :

  1. These photos are gorgeous! You look so happy in your cute flamingo skirt. I'd also love to have a wildflower patch in my garden. Sadly my garden is 90% horrible weeds! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm wearing it today and am equally happy in it. Haha weeds are just wildflowers when all is said and done, so maybe you do have a wildflower garden after all!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots of fun for a sunny day

      Delete